The operator of this website is
I HAVE RIGHTS. e.V.
c/o Greta Wessing
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal data. Insofar as personal data is collected on our pages, this is always done, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent.
We point out that data transmission over the Internet (eg communication by e-mail) security gaps. A complete protection of the data against access by third parties is not possible.
The Internet pages partly use so-called cookies. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser.
All of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted after the end of your visit. When you use our site, no cookies remain stored on your terminal device. Since we only use “session cookies” that are necessary for the technical provision of services, we do not display a cookie notice.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If you disable cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited.
Every time a user accesses our websites, data about the visitor is temporarily collected automatically and stored in log files. We store the IP address of visitors for the purpose of detecting and defending against possible attacks and to ensure stability and security in general. The following data is collected and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Access status (http status)
- Amount of data transmitted
- Recognition data of the browser and operating system used
- Website from which the access is made
- Name of your Internet access provider
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons. We do not combine this data with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of illegal use.
The collection and management of server log files is realized by our hosting provider, dogado GmbH, Saarlandstr 25, 44139 Dortmund, Germany. The RLC Berlin has concluded a so-called order data processing contract with dogado GmbH for this purpose.
Google Analytics and other analytic services
Google Web Fonts
This page uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Videos from Youtube are embedded on this page. YouTube is part of Google Inc., based in San Bruno/California, USA. Without special technical precautions, as soon as you visit pages of our website equipped with a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. In the process, the YouTube server is informed which specific page of our Internet presence you have visited. If you are also logged into your YouTube account, you would enable YouTube to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can exclude this possibility of association by logging out of your account beforehand. For more information on the collection and use of your data by YouTube, please refer to the privacy notices there at www.youtube.com.
To improve data protection, we always use – as far as technically possible – the option offered by YouTube “Extended data protection mode”. In this case, YouTube does not store any information about the website visitor unless the visitor watches the video.
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
Linking social media via graphic or text link
We also link presences on the social networks listed below on our website, this is done via a linked graphic of the network.
Only when the user clicks on the graphic is the user redirected to the corresponding social network.
In the case of the forwarding of the user, information about the user is recorded at the respective network. It cannot be ruled out that the data collected in this way is processed in the USA.
The data concerned is initially the IP address, date, time and page visited. If the user is currently logged into the social network, this may also include other data.
The following social networks are integrated on this page by linking:
Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland, a subsidiary of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Part of Facebook Ireland Limited, see above
Right to information, deletion, blocking
You have the right at any time to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient and the purpose of data processing, as well as a right to correction, blocking or deletion of this data. For this purpose, as well as for further questions on the subject of personal data, you can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection in the context of a case inquiry (“submit your case”)
What data do we collect from whom and for what purpose?
We collect personal data from you. Only upon your instruction do we collect additional data about you from third parties. The data collected includes:
- Your surname, first name, gender, date/place of birth and nationality
- Information on marital status and relatives (especially children)
- Residential address, telephone number, e-mail address
- Your status under aliens law or residence law, file number and other classification features of authorities
- your economic circumstances
- how we can communicate with you (i.e. your language skills)
- Documents, also scanned, (e.g. identity cards, notices, etc.) that you provide to us for examination and consultation, and your correspondence with third parties (authorities, charitable institutions, lawyers) in the matter of consultation.
The collection of data is based on your consent, in particular sensitive data according to Art. 9 I DSGVO will only be processed with your explicit consent according to Art. 6 I S. 1 lit. a, 7, 9 II lit. a DS-GVO.
How long do we store your data?
We delete your personal data when the contractual relationship ends or you revoke your consent. If there are legal retention periods, we delete the data only when these periods have expired. We regularly check at the end of each calendar year whether it is necessary to continue storing your data. In justified individual cases, we may retain data that we need for evidence for up to 10 years if we may assume that you wish to assert liability claims against us.
To whom do we transfer your data?
We only transfer your data to a few third parties outside the RLC Berlin, namely to the counseling person who is handling your case, to lawyers* if necessary, as well as to the ECtHR and to the Greek authorities if necessary. If it is necessary to transfer your data to other third parties such as NGOs, this will only be done upon request.
Within the RLC Berlin, only those RLC Berlin members who are entrusted with the administration of your case will have access.
Any other transfer to third parties will only take place to the extent necessary for the purpose of storing the data with a cloud service provider while ensuring the required appropriate level of data protection. For this purpose, the data is transferred to Dogado GmbH, Saarlandstr 25, 44139 Dortmund, Germany.
What rights do you have?
- Revoke your consent to us at any time (Art. 7 (III) DS-GVO); we will then no longer carry out the data processing that was based on this consent in the future;
- obtain information about your personal data processed by us (Art. 15 DS-GVO);
- request that we rectify or complete your personal data processed by us (Art. 16 DS-GVO);
- request that we delete your personal data processed by us (Art. 17 DS-GVO) if
- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected,
- you revoke your consent,
- you have successfully objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DS-GVO,
- your personal data has been processed unlawfully, or
- the deletion is necessary for the fulfillment of a legal obligation.
However, this does not apply if the processing is necessary (Art. 17 III DS-GVO)
- to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information
- to fulfill a legal obligation,
- for reasons of public interest,
- for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or the processing in the individual case is still permitted under other legal provisions.
- demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data processed by us (Art. 18 DS-GVO), insofar as
- you dispute the accuracy of the data,
- we are not allowed to process the data but you object to its deletion,
- we no longer need the data, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DS-GVO,
- Receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format from us or have it transferred to another controller (Art. 20 DS-GVO).
It is sufficient to send an informal message (e-mail) to:
You can also complain to a supervisory authority if you think that we violate the GDPR when processing your data (Art. 77 GDPR). Your complaint can be lodged with the
Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
We do not plan to transfer your data to third countries outside the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Automated decision-making, in particular profiling (Art. 22 DS-GVO), does not exist at our company.
Status: November 2021