Last year was a defining chapter in I Have Rights’ work and we want to thank you for your support throughout 2023. While the challenges faced were high, our shared commitment to upholding the rights of people on the move only strengthened.
In 2023, Samos saw a 300% increase in the number of individuals seeking safety and rapidly deteriorating conditions in the Samos Closed Controlled Access Centre (CCAC). Our team rallied together, recognising the urgency of the situation and the crucial role we had to play in defending the rights of those affected.
In 2023 we:
- Supported 374 new clients, a 47% increase from 2022.
- Prepared 292 new clients for their asylum interviews, a 34% increase from 2022.
- Responded to 11,445 messages on our hotline.
- Launched our dedicated project providing specialised legal support to survivors of human trafficking and advocating for structural reform in the vindication of their rights.
- Engaged in 58 advocacy initiatives to further the rights of people seeking safety in Greece.
- Published 4 reports on the treatment of people on the move on Samos.
- Jointly advocated against pushbacks with other organisations on Samos, across Greece and around the world.
- Brought evidence of the violation of the rights of people on the move before various international bodies, including the European Court of Human Rights, OHCHR Secretary-General, Council of Europe and UN Special Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons.
Thank you to everyone who supported us over the last year and for standing with us as we strive to ensure that everyone can say: “I Have Rights.”